When thinking of ideas to build upon, one idea that stuck to our head was an Application to solve the problem of Physical Disorders, In today's computer savvy world, it is not uncommon amongst youngsters to fall prey to the horrors of physical health problems such as spondylosis. This application aims at solving the problem of Physical health issues using an interactive game environment in VIRTUAL REALITY!

What it does

This application is a windows game, that involves Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality to create an environment where the player can learn various exercises and get rewarded inside the game according to how well he/she performs!

How we built it

VFIT was built using various Hardware and Software frameworks, VFIT is essentially a game that combines the powers of Virtual Reality from Oculus Rift and Augmented Reality from Leap Motion, created using the Unity Engine and Visual Studio. The whole project was made using Collaborate Version Control that is an extension of the Microsoft Cloud Services.

Challenges we ran into

To integrate Oculus Rift with the Leap motion to capture animations as gestures to be awarded points for was a challenge that we had to put a lot of time in to figure out, The whole process of creating a VR game on unity required us to use the collaborate version control instead of GitHub, hence it took us a while to get used to Collaborate.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

By the end of the period of Hacking our team was able to produce an application with two different modes and was also able to integrate all the components as we had planned them to be!

What we learned

We learned that we should never shy away from taking up a challenge, since all of us were new to VR and AR development, but we took it as an aim to create a VR game by the end of the 18 hours, and happily enough were able to execute our plans!

Future Plans

Because of the limited capability of the available sensor, the game currently only supports exercises using your hands. However, we plan to expand it by using different sensors.

Share this project: