I was in Hurricane Katrina, Hurricane Andrew, and also lost everything I owned in Hurricane Ike. To see major incidents happening, people losing their homes, their lives. It makes me feel the same way I felt when I was homeless for 9 months because of Hurricane Ike. And we want to help those people.
What it does
The Rescue Club focuses on relief efforts, and management of rescuers/volunteers to rescue people in need. By providing Realtime Information, and Communication. This System utilizes more then 5 Different APIs, across Multitude of Platforms. Utilizing both Hardware, Software to Help those in Need.
Utilizing Angular.js for a Fast and Quick Responsive Site, we used Twitter Bootstrap for the Visual Component.
MapQuest handled all our Map Overlay Portions, by utilizing Socket.io as created a Realtime Overlay specificly for MapQuest, to allow for Rescuers to check "Locations" which have been registered for Assistance from the Public as well as from those at those Locations in need.
Cisco Spark was utilized to handle all of our Text, Voice, and Large Scale Communications. This allows our Volunteers, and Managers of those Volunteers to get Connected Quickly, by either Voice, Video, or Text. By using Twilio we were able to Bridge Communication to SMS incase the Volunteers, or Managers were unable to use Internet on their Phones.
We used Node.js for our Backend Server. Utilizing Cluster, Express, Mongoose, cors, randexp, twilio, cisco spark, ibm watson, facebook messanger, body-parser, async, crypto we made 1 Hell of a Insane API @.@ Lolz
The Features are insane, facebook messanger bot combined with data which is added into our FAQ Data Model, is fed into Watson to give people Accurate information, on their needs and question. We also combined this directly with Twilio to allow a SMS Varation of this same System to be used. For Kicks.
Implementation of the YaaS Micro-Transaction System to allow for Anonymous Payments, to those who are Victims in a Crisis, from anyone from around the World. The Idea was to give people the ability to help others, they may not be here to clear someone out of the rubble, and donations to Charity Organizations arent always used correctly. This gives people the Ability to Donate directly to those in need, to those in a crisis. When it really Counts the Most. This system is not ment for Business Transactions, only for Donations to Direct Individuals during the Crisis and Afterwords.
Socket.io to provide Realtime Tracking of GPS Enabled Devices, as well as Connection to Interface Cisco Spark, to trigger Calls, and Force Modes for the Harman Hardware. As well as Send quick updates of Information Directly Associated to Locations, and Incidents.
Twilio Login, Verifcation, and Sign-up System to Allow for Full SMS or Call based Setup of a Account, as well as Linking them Directly to a Manager, to beable to keep a Chain of Command, as well as know who to contact during the Crisis to find out what to do next, or to even call those as a massive Group Call. Giving them the ability to Send out Updates directly.
Our IBM Watson Intergration comes from our FAQ System, which is 1 Data Modal, that Stores Questions and Anwsers. Allowing it to be Queried for Information Quickly and Efficently.
This is where we utilized the Verizon Thingspace System, but we however didnt use their API calls we simply used a Arduino Uno ontop and then Made Calls directly to the Webservice, this way it was simple. We loved the GPS Module <3 And the Screen did allow us to display information, and Communications errors, along with our amount of Requests, Sent, and the Socket.io Connection Data Pool Size.
This is where we had the most fun, utilizing the Verizon Thingspace Hardware, the Harman Hardware, we created some amazing things. We are looking to focus on Rescue Relief Efforts, and Hardware thats associated too that! We made a Special Android Build for the ZTE Devices, we cant wait to Test the Build on the Devices to Perfect the System.
We used a .tech Domain which will be for Hardware, and our APIs for Rescue Services, and Equipment to be handed out in time of crisis. Thanks to Radix Registery.
We used a .club Domain which will host the Main Front-end of our Product for Visitors, and Volunteers. Thanks to the TLD Owner of .club we utilized the Domain in our Project. Thanks ^_^
How we built it
Over the Course of the Hackathon we Got the System running and Functional. It wasnt untill after the Hackathon we Started to Work on Getting it Polished, and Reinforced. It took alot of reading Documentation, thankfully most of us have used a majority of the Services before. We utilized Node.js, Angular.js Socket.io, along with Android Studio, and Atom to complete this Project. And now we are utilizing them again to make it even better.
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
ALOT about the APIs from Alexa, Spark, Watson, YaaS, the Difficulties of Domain.com DNS Portal. And about bringing Blankets, and Snuggies to a Warehouse Hackathon. As well as the overall Intergration of Harman that was awesome.
What's next for Rescue.Club
**Working on getting ZTE to Test a Build for us, to make sure our System for Family to Stream and Check for those who are in need of help, and closure to make sure their family Members are safe, visually and audibly. As well as making sure the System works for our Volunteer Communication Platform those those who need to keep in touch during a crisis.
- Web 2 Android Communications with Harman Everest Elite 700 & Pulse 2 Products.
- The ability for those in a Crisis to Find information via the Web or SMS.
- The ability for those in a Crisis to Find out where to help, and Volunteer to help.
- Provide Direct Micro-Transactional Payments to those in Need, not to Large Donation Companies, but Directly to the Person in need.
- Realtime Communication Voice, Video and Text. Along with Web Based Notifications, for Volunteers.
- Realtime Configuration of the Harman Products for Geo-Fence Noise Cancelation Points, Direction Notifications, Instructions, and Conferences.
- Volunteer Group based Communication, and Notification.
- Managed Responsibility Hierarchy System, to know who is responsible for what, and who to report too.
- For those in Need of Help during a Crisis, turn Harman Pulse 2 into a Distress Beacon, to Notify those around you Visually and Audibly.
- For those Helping during a Crisis, turn Harman Pulse 2 into a Response Beacon, listening for "Distress Beacon" Calls as well as Spitting out Server Configured Messages "We Are here to Help, Please Response." When Distress Beacon is Heard, Notify the Harman Everest Elite700 to Cancel Noise Cancelation, and Notifies the Location to the Server, for More Searching is Required.
- FAQ Public & Volunteer Based Information System, linked to a Facebook Messanger/Twilio Bot powered by Watson, to Provide realtime Anwsers to peoples Questions, if not Found, records the Question to be Anwsered Later.
- Realtime Rescue/Location Check Request System. And Overlaying Map to Allow those who need Volunteers to check a Location in a Time of a Crisis.
- Realtime Notification System for Requests on Locations, along with a Map showing the Locations of Volunteers out on Location Checks. Allowing people to See what is happening, either Publicly or Privately.
- Multiple Map System, the ability to Create new Maps on the Fly, Hide Maps, or Publicly make them Available. With the Ability to Store and Retrieve Informaiton on Associated Maps Quickly and Effectively.
- Volunteer based Communications Platform, utilizing Cisco Spark, to have Rooms for Law Enforement, Red Cross, and a Multitude of Other Organizations during a Crisis, to handle Communication, and Associated too "The Rescue Club" Platform. As well as Providing Channels Associated to Volunteers during a Crisis.
- Voice and Video Communications for Volunteers, during the Crisis.
- Geofencable Locations, to Enable Disable Harman Products, as well as Associated Devices and Notifications.
- Spacial Audio Telepresence Conferencing for People managing Volunteers off Site, by providing a WebVR Experience combined with the Harman Spacial Audio System to give Orders, and Information Directly Associated too who the Speaker is Talking too. *More to be Added Just going over the Source, and all our Notes. Will Type the Rest Later.