Lots to update on the backend of the project
Pieces Seen To:
- Everything has been moved to our new domain klatelbat.com <-- It's TableTalk backwards
- We serve https pages signed by Let's Encrypt. This is because of the browser GPS.
- At the hackathon we used a temporary subdomain out of my personal server, now my server sends all that traffic to TableTalk's new landing. So much nicer.
- Speaking of redirects, all of the regular http traffic gets redirected to the https port. It all just kind of flows and makes the whole thing seem more professional.
- The entire API is built and documented. I can't publicly share the details but let's just say the team has everything they need to take the front-end to the next level. ##### Next Up For Me:
- I guess item (4) should be appended by saying I have a few more ideas to make handling the server data a little better. We built into the object model in a way to measure the popularity of each message thread. So, item (1) here is to see to a high level popularity updater for each thread.
- In addition, when TableTalk is popular, we won’t be able to deliver all of the message threads to the user to parse. The server will take the users GPS coordinates and return the message threads within a geo fenced area. Much lighter.
- I have some ideas for some vector art to throw at this. Guarantee it won’t look great, but I like to try to draw.