StayHome Pitch slide 1
StayHome Pitch slide 2
StayHome Pitch slide 3
StayHome Pitch slide 4
StayHome Pitch slide 5
StayHome Pitch slide 6
StayHome Pitch slide 7
StayHome Pitch slide 8
StayHome Pitch slide 9
StayHome Pitch slide 10
StayHome Pitch slide 11
StayHome Pitch slide 12
StayHome Pitch slide 13
StayHome Pitch slide 14
Home web app
Analysis web app
Report free web app
StayHome analysis 1 mockup app
StayHome analysis 2 mockup app
StayHome Score mockup app
It has been estimated that there are more severe consequences and even higher death rates for people with Covid-19 if they have pre-existing cardiovascular disease or metabolic syndrome.
Metabolic syndrome is defined as the presence of three or more clinical conditions such as central obesity, hypertension, and diabetes.
It is possible that people within the ideal weight range can also be affected by metabolic syndrome. This is why it is important to evaluate the distribution of body fat.
Our aim is to provide an anonymous easy-to-use tool and give people awareness on their personal risk in order to make the right decision between going back to normality or continuing with social isolation.
Prevention is the keyword Keep monitoring your Metabolic Syndrome Potential Risks in an easier, faster and cheaper way
What it does
StayHome analysis is based on over 30 years of clinical nutrition experience of the team founder Professor Paolo De Cristofaro.
Based on hundreds of scientific papers, evidence and comparison with traditional tools and medical devices, it provides a complete health check on your BMI, fat mass, lean mass, cardiovascular and metabolic syndrome potential risk by analysing the circumference of specific points on your body.
You just need a measuring tape, scales, and insert the required information into the app.
StayHome will provide a complete health report on your:
- Body composition
- Metabolic syndrome Risk factors
Moreover, the StayHome Index will give you a score on your potential risk of getting serious consequences from Covid-19.
Studies showed that people with certain conditions had higher chances of getting severe consequences from Covid-19, such as Intensive Care and even death.
StayHome Index provides a score based on the sum of different risk factors, such as:
- Clinical condition (comorbidities)
- Central adiposity
- Cardiovascular and metabolic syndrome risk
You can share your StayHome Score with your family, friends, co-workers, boss, and doctor in order to inform them on your status.
Where the idea came from
As a company (Nubentech Srl) we already work in the nutritional and fitness industry, developing digital solutions for body composition analysis, nutritional status, evaluation of potential risks from metabolic syndrome (Morphogram®). Reading news, scientific and clinical papers, and talking with doctors who are working in COVID-19 Intensive care units, we have seen the correlation between people affected by COVID-19 in intensive care (intubation) and the risk factors related to bad nutritional status. In these two days, we have just put the pieces all together, invented a new formula that considers every information found in these scientific papers and make the test easier, faster and cheaper
What after COVID-19
We know that the pandemic will end, and we really hope as soon as possible! Our vision after the COVID-19 is provide to users a low-cost tool to track their body composition conditions (lean mass, fat mass, fat distribution, and so on) and also develop API fo any 3rd party app/solution that wants to expand their portfolio of service with our evaluation and tracking system.
How we built it
The MVP is a web app built using Angular 8. We won't collect any sensitive data unless the user decides to take a premium analysis, gives us his/her email and payment details.
Challenges we ran into
Covid-19 is a nowadays reality. But soon we will have to face a new chapter of this crisis which will be COEXIST with the virus. We built a solution that will help to manage this new challenge, giving people a tool to self-analyse their health status and prevent to get serious consequences from the Virus, such as Intensive Care and even death.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Our method (Morphogram®) is based on 30 years of experience in clinical nutrition and 2 years of clinical tests. StayHome project is a spin off of the startup Nubentech which has been rewarded as Excellence of The Year 2020 at the Life Science Excellence Awards as Marketing & Digital Solution for the cardiology.
What we learned
We learned that simple ideas can make a difference.
What's next for StayHome
We will develop the Premium Analysis, which will provide new useful information to the user, such as the somatotype, abdominal volume, metabolism, sleep apnea risk factor, the energy expenditure and the daily protein need. Also, we will develop API integration, to connect StayHome with other services and we will work to improve the UX.
To make all this possible we need resources and partnership. If you are interested in our project join our network and contact us.
Stay Safe, StayHome
- Ashwell M, Gunn P, Gibson S: Waist- to-height ratio is a better screening tool than waist circumference and BMI for adult cardiometabolic risk factors: systematic review and meta-analysis. Obesity Reviews, 2012, 13, 275-286
- Balkau B, Deanfield JE, Després Jp et al: International day for the evaluation of abdominal obesity (IDEA): a study of waist circumference, cardiovascular disease and diabetes mellitus in 168,000 primary care patients in 63 countries. Circulation 2007, 116(17):1942-1951.
- LL-Y Lim, Sam-ang Seubsman, A Sleigh, C Bain: Validity of self-reported abdominal obesity in Thai adults: A comparison of waist circumference, waist-to-hip ratio and waist-to-stature ratio
- De Koning et al.: Waist circumference and waist-to hip ratio as predictors of cardiovascular events: meta-regression analysis of prospective studies. 2007
- Manolopoulos KN, Karpe F, Frayn KN. Gluteofemoral body fat as a determinant of metabolic health. Int J of Obesity, 2010;34:949-959
- World Health Organization. Physical status: the use and interpretation of anthropometry. Geneva: World Health Organization; 1995.
- Ashwell M: Charts based on body mass index and waist-to-height ratio to assess the health risk of obesity: a review. The Open Obesity Journal, 2011,3,78-84.
- High prevalence of obesity in severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) requiring invasive mechanical ventilation. Obesity (Silver Spring). doi:10.1002/oby.22831
- Clinical Characteristics of Patients Who Died of Coronavirus Disease 2019 in China Jianfeng Xie