Safe a surfer, find a shark. Don’t use expensive helicopters, fuel, and people to do the job which could be done better by a computer vision.
What it does
Imaging there is a drone powered by AI provides a computer vision capabilities to detect a shark by actively following a surfer or a given area analyzing every given frame offline in order to detect a shark and notify surfers or others peaceful beach habitat.
How we built it
- DJI Drone (+DJI SDK to control the drone sensors like camera, radio)
- IoT Edge and Docker services deployed to the drone
- Docker containers (3 IoT-Edge Modules) to capture an image, analyze it and raise an alert when a shark has been detected
- An iOS/Android app to:
- browse the most recent alerts on the map
- send alerts to your apple watches or other smartwatches while you are in the water if a shark nearby (100-200 miles)
- share your great memories and photos without fear to meet a shark :)
Challenges we ran into
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
What's next for Shark Scope