Track : A Scalable NFT Art Project 🎨
We always used to wonder about our place in the stars and this, is our attempt to capture the infinite essence of our universe through a collection of sweet & simple NFTs. Through this collection, we aim to share our love of Space with the world & also demonstrate some of the most beautiful features of the universe like randomness, vastness etc. through our artworks.
What it does 🚀
- The Pretty Planets are more than 1000 unique digital art collectibles, created by a custom generative algorithm.
- Each artwork is comprised of a multitude of features such as terrain, rings and composition. No two planets will ever be alike!
- Not only that, each artwork also has a unique background with a randomly distributed starfield!
- All this because we want you to feel the vastness and randomness of the space through which we slowly tread!
How we built it 🛰
- The base features were designed using Adobe Illustrator & Canva.
- Each feature is part of one of many layers and has a “Rarity” associated with it.
- Once all the features are available in their respective layers, we generate the final Pretty Planet with the magic of Python, OpenCV and Alpha Blending.
- With the help basic coordinate geometry and a hint of randomness we add the starfield in the background as the final feature to our image!
Challenges we ran into ✨
- Coming up with a fully automated pipeline that can generate the final NFT given the base input features layers.
- Using python and opencv to cleanly blend and layer the different features to create a single entity.
Accomplishments that we're proud of ☄
- As of now, we were able to generate 1024 images out of possible 3024 images from just 37(12 planets + 6 ring configurations + 7 terrain configurations + 6 facial expressions) available input features!
- We were able to automate the whole procedure of generating the final NFT from the start to the end.
- This shows, that our solution can be scaled to generate any amount of unique NFTs with just a small number of input assets!
Fun Fact: We plan to even generate those input assets programmatically as well. This means more uniqueness, more randomness etc.
What we learned 🌃
- We learned tons of new things about the concept of NFTs while searching for some inspirations.
- Trying to make the whole process automated, we learned a lot about scripting, image manipulation etc.
What's next for Pretty Planets 🌟💫
- By adding more features, we can scale up our solution and generate more images with ease.
- We plan to add ceremonial features such as crowns and we plan to capture once in a lifetime astronomical events in our NFTs.
- We also plan to add some features that help us spread awareness about critical global features like global warming, deforestation etc.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.