- A combination of two games: Pacman and Hot and Cold
- Personally we have always found running to be boring and very tedious
- Now we have a way to make running more fun and engaging to all!!!
What it does
- A realtime geolocation based game, where you have to collect as many resources as possible within 10 minutes.
- Features include a timer, a auto generated map based on your realtime location, a player icon, a item collection zone, and randomly spawning items to collect.
How we built it
We used HTML CSS and JS as our preferred coding languages. Leaflet was used to get the location and the map and help spawn items on top of the map. Jquery was used for event handling. Toaster was used to display the notification on how far the item is from you. Openstreetmap was the map we used to display your location. Repl.it was used to host the game.
Challenges we ran into
- Adding the results page because we used local storage
- Making sure the items spawned randomly, and the more valuable items did not spawn that frequently
- Adding notifications using toaster
- Making sure items appear on top of the map
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Our project is unique as it solves for the mental and physical health problems that our planet has been experiencing.
- These problems lead to death and other critical conditions which is why they should we prioritized over anything else.
- Project Planet Harvesting is better than similar apps like pokemon go, as it is within your neighborhood, thus de-incentivizing you to take a car to places making it better.
What we learned
JQuery, Leaflet, Toaster, How GPS works, How to make GPS games
What's next for Pixelators ~ Planet Harvesting
- In the future we would like to make the game account based which would allow us to add a leveling system and a leaderboard.
- We also want to monetize this game by advertisements in the form of making special items for our clients.
- Next, we want to prevent items from spawning in freeways and busy roads to make it a safe experience.
- We also would like an in game store where users can buy power ups to make items appear faster to them
- To market our game we want to make the game available on the App Store and the Google Play Store, as well as make the game compatible with Apple Watch/Fitbit.
- We will also market by using funding from monetization to keep ads in other games
- Our target market are children ages 11-17