I am inspired of what is a distress call mean to humanly possible. Call for help is one of the crucial role of us human, to ask for help is a dozen.
One of the examples:
- Ask your location.
- Ask suggestion of what activities you are going to have for the day.
- Ask people's location.
- Ask flight status.
- Post help to social media in realtime in connection to your location.
What it does
Mainly focused in determining your location and bot making suggestions.
How I built it
I built it through nodejs and aws lambda.
Components have the following:
- Facebook integration
- Slack integration
- Google Map Geolocation
Challenges I ran into
- Manual deployment to AWS Lex website.
- Thoroughly debugging directly to AWS lex website.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I am able to learn bot's algorithm and able to help users in the future through developing another application.
What I learned
What's next for mapointbot
The future directions includes the following:
- add natural language processing communication and automatic distress call-communication of my website across slack's team channel or group.
- add zomato-api or any other restaurant api communication into the bot for the team members to choose where to eat.
- add an airline arrival status api in order to track if someone has departed or still-ontransit.
- add facebook/twitter api that post your distress call of where you are.
- add a technology base database bank that can distribute its natural language processing
- add wide spread API's that interconnects to humanly activities.
- add image rekognition and text-to-speech polly implementation in my custom website.
Note deployment files located in : https://bitbucket.org/johniculusus/lex-sched-meetup-hackaton/src/5d02ee89335ee54a004e5720df3d30b52f47ce33/bin/?at=master
Note bot definition file location in : https://bitbucket.org/johniculusus/lex-sched-meetup-hackaton/raw/b4a406f5ee1bcfe18a3b368ba68df1c1ecea158a/bot.json