Utilizing crowd sources (pilgrims) to provide Hajj services for others and helping them especially because a high percentage of pilgrims does not know how to use technology and may face difficulty looking for help from authorities.
Problem A high percentage of pilgrims does not know how to use technology or have special needs and may face difficulty looking for help from authorities.
Solution Utilizing crowd sources (pilgrims) to assist with Hajj services for others
What it does
- Every pilgrim carries an RFID (or NFC) chip, to help track their movement.
- RFID number is linked with the Pilgrim information in the database which includes (Pilgrim personal information, Pilgrim health history, Pilgrim activities)
- RFID readers are going to be allocated over the holy sites of Hajj and the hot spots to scan every pilgrim movement and log their path in the database.
- Mobile software is going to be available for field agents (including authorities, volunteers, and pilgrims themselves ) to assist Pilgrims when they need help in such as: *Health emergencies *Location lost emergencies *Pilgrims tasks (including awareness)
- Mobile software is going to be available for field agents to report waste garbage issues as well
- Web application dashboard is going to be available for authorities in control to track pilgrims, and deal with issues reported from field agents (Preview issues reported and respond to them)
- Pilgrims who participate in helping using this app should be rewarded with offers that can be exchanged in restaurants and pharmacies (Restaurant and pharmacies can participate in return of ads through the app)
*Competitive Advantage *
- cost effective
- Accelerate reporting issues and emergencies
- Reduce response duration
- can be expanded to
How we built it
- We are using Arduino Technology
- RFID sensors
- We have abilities to add more sensors up to 37 sensors like temperature sensors and moving detection and others.
- We can use human camera detection for security purpose.
- Pilgrims registration:
- Every pilgrim should be registered with an RFID number and handed with a tag
- Pilgrims tracking: For security purposes, Pilgrims can be tracked to know where their last places were Emergency calls: Helping Pilgrims: Lost Pilgrims:
- Reporting emergency of losing person
- Rewarding pilgrims who have helped other by raising emergency ticket or guiding them (Rewards depend on their location and it should be launched once the assistance is accomplished - ticket was approved-)
- Rewards can be exchanged in collaborated restaurants and pharmacies
Challenges we ran into
Missing capabilities in the team Missing telecommunication experts
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Structuring the idea and designing the software requirements
What we learned
- work as team
- work under pressure
- work with multitasks
- corroborative work
- work with different nationality and experiences
- learn new business module
- use new techniques to find solutions such as design thinking, MVP and Tomato technique
What's next for J-39-Helpy
We want to see the prototype is implementing in Hajj real live Link reporting with authorities directly Expand the types of tickets to be reported Specify more features for people with special needs.