We saw an glaring fragmentation between ideas, events and companies
What it does
- Creates a repository not only of Hackathon submission but also of pitch competitions and Accelerator/Incubator/Coworking companies to support each other's growth
How we built it
- Mongo, Ruby on Rails, python, adobe-illstra
Challenges we ran into
- Many of the event/pitch/hackathon/etc sites do not have APIs and required some scraping.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We're proud of creating a front and back end entry point as well as creating a database of companies and projects.
What we learned
Most people in Baltimore don't know about Hackathons, or all of the coworking spaces in Baltimore and many great ideas fizzle out simply because they didn't win.
Specific to our team we learned integration across different languages including, but not limited to:ruby-on-rails, mongodb, nosql, python, etc.
What's next for Innovation portal
- we have a very long list of future functions including project and event submission, connections for different organizations whose function might align with ideas across events and scaling this out to different regions.