وَالَّذِينَ تَبَوَّءُوا الدَّارَ وَالْإِيمَانَ مِن قَبْلِهِمْ يُحِبُّونَ مَنْ هَاجَرَ إِلَيْهِمْ وَلَا يَجِدُونَ فِي صُدُورِهِمْ حَاجَةً مِّمَّا أُوتُوا وَيُؤْثِرُونَ عَلَىٰ أَنفُسِهِمْ وَلَوْ كَانَ بِهِمْ خَصَاصَةٌ ۚ وَمَن يُوقَ شُحَّ نَفْسِهِ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْمُفْلِحُونَ
(سورة الحشر (٩
We were inspired by pepole of Al.Madina Al.Menawra and the way that they met Mecca migrants with. So we thought in finding a solution for a the housing problem, our application is similar to airbnb and any other hosting application but ours is more focused on specific scope and serves only one single purpose which saves the people from the searching dilemma plus the app doesn't depend only on Makkah citizens but it also grabs content from out hotels which will be a great help for the pilgrims during Hajj season We are trying to revive that old solution in advanced
What it does:
It's a hosting application that helps pilgrimage to find save and secure houses during pilgrimage season, the hosting service is provided by citizens citizens themselves and by hotels
How we built it:
By using the following technologies: iOS SDK, XCode IDE and Adobe programs for design assets.
Challenges we ran into:
Most of the problems that we faced were mainly content problems, mentioned below some of them and also mentioned the solution that we approached to overcome this challenge:
- Starting content, we created mocking data with some available rooms and houses.
Accomplishments that we’re proud of:
Finishing the whole application in less than two days with only two developers and one designer
What we learned:
We gained confidence, inspiration, motivation, friends, a larger network, and mentors. how to push ourselves on little sleep, how to look things up, and learnt more about our limits
Also, I think the time crunch that came with the hackathon will make it difficult to learn or retain completely-new skills, however that will definitely hone the technical skills that we already had.
What’s next for بيت الحجيج:
This is just the beginning. Below mentioned some of the things that we will work on, also during work we will add some other stuff for sure:
- We will start with updating our road map.
- Create a host panel beside the guest panel
- Expanding the application scope to be a dominating application that can help the pilgrims in all the aspects during their journey. Also, it'll save them from the dilemma of downloading lot of apps.
- Making big fat market campaign.
- Localize the application to cover most of the pilgrims languages.
- Provide a feature to grabe all the related content from famouse sites
- Adding push notification service for those who are interested in specific stuffs
- Adding wish list, rating system and loyality points for the good contrbiuters
- Uploading the app for mass testing to check the app usabilty, and collect theirfeedback