Often, food that is given food banks are not wanted or either thrown out or returned. We want to help the food bank distribution be more efficient and accurate when handling food items by enhancing food management so the food doesn't go to waste.
What it does
The software improves the food bank distribution by being more efficient and accurate to ensure that the visitor gets the food that they want, hence reducing food waste.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
- Having moderate experience using GitHub or Git
- Unsure of what programming language or database server to use
- Not being able to host our project with HTTPS domain name
- Difficulty getting the user's current location
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We were able to build a fully functioning front-end
- We were able to make the front-end and backend work together
What we learned
- More aware of the difficulty of the challenges which helps us prioritize the easiest ones.
- We learned to work together and manage team members with different skills.
What's next for Green Food Bank
- We hope to improve this application by implementing more features such as cooperation between food banks and food donation management.