GPS Maps 2 Gear
View map, follow to destination, track GPS position. All in one app on Gear 2 and Gear S
First GPS app for Gear 2!! Now with Google Maps preview!!
Great app that gathers many useful informations. It will be your bike riding navigator, running companion, geocaching tracker or made your car travel safer. Check GPS signal, view map and follow to destination. So easy, yet so powerful!!
- Current speed
- Position accuracy
- Fixed satellites number
- Live satellites signal strength (in form of bar chart)
- Sunrise and sunset times for your location
You can turn off the screen and updates will still be pushed to watch. Similarly when you press 'Home' or put app to background.
- view map on smartwatch
- preview of map seen on watch accessed from mobile phone
- remote controlling map from you watch (myLocation, move, zoom)
- show/hide icons on watch (click on samrtwatch screen)
- auto-tracking your location
- change map type (roadmap, satellite, hybrid, terrain)
- set refresh rate
- change navigation mode (driving, bicycling, walking)
- LONG CLICK on maps on mobile phone will set destination location
- follow route drawn on screen
- choose time between map updates
- save internet data transfer
- save battery
- 'None' makes refresh only when you perform action, or change location
- it keeps moving map as you move
- you are always in the center of a map
- only moving map will disable it
- click 'myLocation' to enable it again
Optimal map fetching
- when phone is unlocked it gets maps from Google Maps cache in mobile phone
- when phone is locked it gets maps from internet
How to use
- Run mobile app and un gear app
- Click 'Connect'
- Wait for GPS signal
- Swipe left to go to map module
- Enter destination or choose from map (long tap)
- Search for destination
- Choose navigation mode and map mode
- Lock mobile phone
- View and control map on Gear 2 or Gear S
In Display Settings set Wake-up gesture to 'Last viewed screen'. Then after screen on, GPS Maps 2 Gear will still be there.
GPS Maps 2 Gear on your mobile phone works even when you turn off the screen. GPS data are constantly received from satellites and push to your gear, so it causes battery drain. Keep this in mind when using app. Also when mobile phone screen is off, maps on Gear 2 are fetched from internet, so it may cause network operator charges.
Traveling Around Full Mixfrom jewelbeat.com, Standard license, license bought
Created by myself and: http://gondwanaland.com/i/OpenStreetMap-Oakland-980.png - OpenStreetMap contributors (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0/), from http://pixabay.com/ under Public Domain Dedication (http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en)