Tron Forum Submission Link
How We Have Integrated With BTTC Blockchain
1. All Governance Contracts are Deployed to BTTC Donau
- Minter Contract (with Read/Write Operations Logged) deployed TO: 0xfE1B8bBF112a9D926333D31FD4b6eC97dB013b5d
- TimeLock Contract deployed TO: 0x5Bb8ACE1bE38Aa97Bf81021F7E27a18dE0f9595E
- Governor Contract deployed TO: 0x4FBbf859E9870bc1e6C73C6064C6cc14078011dE
2. Video of Interaction with Minter Contract on BTTC: https://youtu.be/zrgzcgnll94
NB: The UI/UX is not finalized and will be fully revamped.
This is a standalone, spinout project and business from Builder's DAO and Code Sport Labs. We are a developers in the USA and Singapore. We work together to spin-out standalone businesses with clear paths to revenue!
Fitness ventures deploys a B2B model and enables NFT-based Memberships, Certifications, Competitions, and Event Scheduling for the sports, fitness, and active lifestyle industries.
This project was quickly prototyped within 3-days and was built around a business plan.
Fitness Ventures was inspired by a fitness instructor who was fascinated by the potential of Blockchain on her fitness studio. She wondered if it would be possible to build a blockchain-based credentialing system for her studio. Her vision was to offer certifications to her students after completing a series of her fitness classes.
In partnership with Builder's DAO, we will integrate Programmable, Utility NFTs into our platform. Our programmable NFT fitness API will display data from:
- Health Club Management Software like Mindbody
- Fitness Equipment & Electronics like NordicTrack
- Fitness trackers like FitBit
- Global sports apparel brands like Lululemon
- Sporting Event Sponsors like the Spartan Race
- Athletic Teams & Associations like the NBA
- Wearables Like Under Armour connected shoes, Prevayl & Athos:
Athos Product Launch Video: https://youtu.be/pq1cMZOE8Jg
The fitness industry generated over $390 Billion in revenues in 2021.
In terms of monetization, Fitness Ventures is a B2B offering. It is a Software as a Service (SaaS) subscription to established businesses in the sports, fitness, health, and active lifestyle industries.
Such businesses would pay a monthly licensing fee to integrate Fitness Ventures into their apps and websites. Fitness Ventures would also collect a small royalty fee for each NFT minted or sold.
How It Was Built
This project is a mere proof-of-concept build around a business plan. It was quickly prototyped in 3-days.
Jimp-compact was used for image manipulation, all which was done on the backend.
Express is used to call a custom bash script. The script serves as a workhorse which duplicates and customizes DAO contract templates. Specifically, based on information provided by the end user, the bash script customizes and modifies:
- Contract Name
- Total Memberships (token supply)
- Token Pricing
- Contract URI (contract metadata consisting of description and logo)
Hardhat is the the star of the show. It compiles and deploys the contracts to the block chain. Hardhat has a JS library that allows for native non command line use on node.
The frontend uses React functional components. I began learning React in August 2020 using a strict Model-View-Controller (MVC)] design pattern with a Class Component a the Controller. With that pattern, I would send props downstream (prop-drilling) to my functional components. Facebook's React team now encourages devs to use Functional Components instead.
The CSS classes are semi-custom. The original CSS classes for contract read and write buttons are from Chainlink's VRF2 Subscription Manager. The website design is from Illdy. Illdy is an older (2016 - 2018), open sourced WordPress theme based on Bootstrap 3.
Challenges That Were Tackled
NFT JSON metadata and images are programmatically pinned to IPFS by the minter through an intermediary. IPFS CIDs cannot be read by many web browsers, so Piñata was chosen to programmatically pin and manage images on IPFS.
Using Express on the backend was initially challenging. It is unopinionated, thus obligating the developer to research and choose suitable plugins.
However, the biggest challenge was learning how the various DAO contracts (e.g., Governor, Timelock, and Minter) worked together for ensure proper governance.
What's next for Fitness Ventures
- FitBit Integration
- Convert dev stack to Next.js and Tailwind
- Use a multi-sig wallet from Gnosis for the Timelock contract.
- Deploy app to a live website via Vercel or Heroku, then to a more robust backend with a database and NGINX
- Add money splitting functionality to demo a proof-of-concept of paying out Team cash prizes to members.
- Contract Audit