We were inspired by seeing how inefficiently funds are being allocated to various clubs and how there is no proper channel for students to provide funds for clubs/ events they want to fund. Students are incentivised to sponsor events as they get NFTs on sponsoring them. The club which hosts the events upload said NFTs.
What it does
This Platform helps to sponsor various events hosted by a club of any university or school , the events are sold as an NFT to the student and the club get the stellar XLM tokens which can be redeemed in any currency. The Students gets the NFT goodies of the club whenever he pays some money through submit button.
How we built it
Challenges we ran into
1. Interfacing backend with frontend. Our front-end wasn't able to wait or take time out for backend http requests 2. We had to manually fix errors in npm modules which were faulty and haven't been upgraded by node js 3. Hosting server for the backend API function
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Implemented a wallet in the backend which is able to do simple functionalities
- Prepared graphical assets for a potential meta-verse world
- Created a UI for a marketplace which will allow students and organization to fund projects and events hosted by registred clubs
What we learned
- We learnt to use React JS for Frontend part.
- We learnt use of Stellar SDK using express JS.
- We people being of different nationalities and places in a team learned to communicate our ideas through google meets and Microsoft Whiteboard.
- We improved our time management just to work on this project.
What's next for EventStarter
Our decentralized network allows students to track the movement of funds in college bodies and establish trust. Not only students, but outside sponsors and organizations can join this network.
Log in or sign up for Devpost to join the conversation.