DATA FOR URBAN HACK
BIG BROTHER URBAN PLANNING PROJECT
CHALLENGE: IDENTIFY STREET INFRASTRUCTURE
- Our team targets the problem of generating a database for that contains the infrastructure along the streets.
- This will hopefully generate a data frame that can help StreetCaster program in Boston.
- Providing a data set on the location of the infrastructure and what it is.
- The coordinate of the beginning and the end of the street is provided by the user.
- The framework will interpolate between the provided geo-coordinates. In order to ensure that the generated points will lie on the road, the Google Maps API will be utilized.
- For each of the new coordinate, images of the street will be obtained via Google Street View API. At each point, a set of four photos is fetched to ensure a 360-degree field-of-view.
- The photos will be uploaded and processed on Google Cloud Vision API to identify the objects inside each image.