I decided at PennApps X I would spend my time not doing what I already know (some front-end / graphic design) but to try and learn a bit of the middle and back of the skeleton I usually provide skins for.
The result was the early prototype of ZStream, a "fast and easy" video sharing web application for anyone and everyone to use.
- Build a video stream viewing web application based off of the Ziggeo API that allows the user to easily record, tag and instantly upload videos
- Allow users to search for videos that share the same tag with the Ziggeo API that is from the same "Application" in Ziggeo
- Organize videos into channels using a database that organizes video tokens and tag information and groups them accordingly, allowing new users to easily browse through video categories they take interest in
- Tag functionality : the tags have not yet been connected with the video being recorded and pushed to the Ziggeo server - however they are recorded into an array which will be pushed out along with the video to the server
- Channel functionality : I wasn't able to learn MySQL or MongoDB in time to meet this ambition