ZomLand is an interactive P2E NFT collectable game with exciting gameplay and a lot of funs. You take on leader's role of the army of zombies and monsters to battle with other users all over the world and achieve your goals. Main our goal is to build really fun game with P2P, not just collection of NFT cards.
What it does
- Collect NFT cards: lands, zombies and monsters.
- Mint Zombies from your Lands each day (based on Land size).
- Assemble collection of 10 Zombies to get Monster (strong and cool zombie).
- Buy/sell Lands, Zombies and Monsters using internal market.
- Earn ZML token by killing your Zombies.
- Stake ZML and use it in future game features.
- See the best players in Leaderboard.
Our vision for "coming soon updates":
- Battle Arena: players can fight using Monster and Zombies cards and earn in-app token ZML.
- Lands discovery: with ability to find some goods or caught by hunters (random generated event).
How we built it
We start from idea, describe it in our whitepaper and stark work on ZomLand. We build first version on NEAR blockchain (Rust) and completely rebuild it on Solidity for EVM-chains support and launch it on Mumbai testnet.
For EVM version we using:
- Chainlink VRF to get random values for zombie rarity and characteristics.
- nft.storage to deploy 5000 unique zombie and monster images.
- Spheron network to deploy website to filecoin IPFS.
Challenges we ran into
- Combine logic for different NFTs.
- Get random values for zombie characteristics (Chainlink VRF help with that).
- Implement staking and ability to stake NFT for additional rewards.
- Mint multiple NFTs in one transaction.
- Create updatable contracts (openzeppelin help with that).
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- It will be interesting gameplay.
- Collections can be extended by smart-contract owner by adding new Zombies and Monsters.
- Randomness and different logical combinations for Lands/Zombies and Monsters.
- Internal market for all NFTs.
- Market history that represent players activity.
- Decentralised frontend by using Spheron Network.
What we learned
- How to write smart-contracts with NFT and FT for EVM.
- How "staking math" works.
- How to manage gas and create optimised smart contracts.
- How to get random numbers from Chainlink VRF.
- How to create updatable contracts and use openzeppelin as base for our contracts.
What's next for ZomLand
- Launch production on Polygon (launch on mainnet after testing on Mumbai testnet).
- Finish Lands discovery - found inventory items on your lands.
- Finish Battle Arena - P2P battles using your Zombies, Monsters and Inventory.
- DAO using ZML - participate in game development by voting using your ZML tokens.
- Cross blockchain implementation: NEAR, Polygon and BNB chains - it is something like a bridge between blockchains for our NFTs where you can send NFT between different chains.