Privacy is a core human right.
What it does
Exchanges plain Ether balances on Rinkeby to AZTEC (zero-knowledge) form.
How we built it
Mainly making use of the AZTEC protocol, but we also needed:
Challenges we ran into
- Accessibility of wallet software as external contributors
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Webpack half-sorted
- Architected a complex zero-knowledge transaction flow
What we learned
- Webpack + importing cryptography modules in the browser is HARD (ended up deploying some common reference strings on a personal blog)
- We now have a much better understanding of side chains
What's next for ZkEther
- Secure the cryptography by doing the AZTEC multi-party computation
- Make Webpack work with our React code