Lack of knowledge on Sexual Reproductive health can be life-threatening. Learning and educating refugee girls on how they can navigate this taboo landscape is a problem we are passionate about.
What it does
Helps girls understand and learn about sexual health
How we built it
We built it on the Facebook Messenger platform
Challenges we ran into
- Understanding the problem we're trying to solve.
- Building and understanding NLP/Bot flows are hard
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The fact that we were able to build this in less than a day, from conception to product.
What we learned
- We personally feel very motivated about the problem we're solving. Just learning about all the life-threatening problem girls much younger than us are going through, that, by itself is stirring us into action that will hopefully continue beyond this hackathon.
What's next for Zena
- The AI/NLP behind the bot needs to go through a lot of refinements.
- Working with content to make sure the way the words are phrased out are comforting.
- Reaching out to orgs in Syria to prepare the PDF support documents we need and help spread the word.