There are some challenges in trying to choose the perfect field to plant and vegetate a specific kind of foods, keeping an eye on the fields and understand their life-cycles, and understand where land productivity is the best.
What it does
Yield Lookout system takes a multi-band raster image as an input and process it to calculate the NDVI and then visualize. It also calculate productivity and help with increasing it by getting to know where the vegetation is best when it comes to large fields.
Challenges we ran into
- Understand the images from the CubeSat.
- Integrate the python script with the web application.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Being able to understand the multi-band raster images.
- Being able to understand the different bands in the images.
- Understanding the concept of healthy vegetation the Normalized Difference Vegetation Index (NDVI).
- Calculating the NDVI.
- Visualizing the NDVI images.
What we learned
We learned a lot about CubeSats imaging and healthy vegetation.