Inspiration

Rick & Morty. Wubalubadubdubed!

What it does

Takes a string of input from a text field on our iOS interface and produces a lip dubbed mashup of the sentence created with clips from Adult Swim's hit show Rick and Morty (or a wubalubadubdubbed if you will).

How we built it

iOS interface created in XCode/Vim with Swift. Video clips analyzed and spliced with IBM Watson's Speech to Text API. Video clips analysis stored on Cockroach DB. Backend created by Go lang.

Challenges we ran into

Scraping song lyrics in swift, especially because there wasn't a good API that we could utilize to do this. Needing to work with an obscenely large amount of data for the program to be able to take in a wider variety of inputs. Getting HTTP Post requests to work in Swift.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Successfully wubalubadubdubbing!

What we learned

Writing Swift in Vim is doable but not always the best idea. How to do video encoding with Go. Pointers suck.

What's next for wubalubadubdubbed

There are a lot of more practical areas for this concept to be explored. Potential optimizing as the program is relatively slow at preprocessing the files, especially for higher quality video files.

Built With

Share this project:
×

Updates