Wordist was inspired by the many times we're reading articles or content online and we find words we don't know the meaning of. Given that searching for the meaning of words online took time and made you lose focus, we decided to make Wordist which also stores searched words and their meaning for you so you can go back and check them at any time.
What it does
- Gives you the definition to any word you find online just by highlighting it and without having to leave the page.
- Stores searched words so you can go back and revise them whenever you want or need.
How we built it
We made a chrome extension to show the meaning of the words and a webpage for users to be able to view their words. The webpage includes a REST API in the backend to handle all the data.
Challenges we ran into
- First time creating a chrome extension.
- Not much experience with web development.
- Wolfram alpha API was slow and we had to change API.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
What we learned
What's next for Wordist
Making an Android app, maybe.