Sometimes there is an issue finding a strong WiFi signal in a room. Additionally, there should be a way to figure out where the best placement of a router is in a building.
What it does
This application solves this problem by analyzing where the strongest signals are, and recommending the optimal placement for the router. The application also has a live scanner to show the strength of the WiFi at the current location.
How we built it
The app was built on Android Studio using Java.
Challenges we ran into
- Getting the location indoors.
- Calculating optimal router placement.
- Generating heat map.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Getting detailed WiFi information from Android device.
- Allowing to select places where you are located for optimal router placement.
- Overlaying heat map on top of a blueprint.
What's next for WiMap
- Not having to upload a blueprint of the house.
- Exporting heat maps as images.
- Filling in blank spaces.