- Stress (induced by cortisol) is a factor in 70% of diseases including cancer
- Mindfulness-based stress reduction techniques such as yoga and meditation are proven to calm the fight-flight response and restore the immune system
De-stress Me aims to make healthy coping skills for stress more accessible to people.
What it does
The user tells Alexa what he or she is feeling. Alexa asks questions to gauge how the user wants to de-stress - i.e. by recommending physical activities, or by talking it out. Alexa recommends short or long activities per user input.
How I built it
I built the app using Node.JS with an AWS Lambda endpoint.
Challenges I ran into
This is my very first Alexa Skill project, so learning the features of the Alexa Developer Console, connecting to AWS Lambda, was a learning curve.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Getting the basic dialog flows set up
What I learned
My biggest takeaway from this project was the difference between the basic Alexa skills functionality vs. the Alexa Conversations functionality. Setting up dialog flows on Alexa Conversations was definitely more challenging!
What's next for Willow Mood Tracker
- Adding more activity recommendations
- Fleshing out the "Talk it Out" functionality, where users can use Alexa to talk about what's making them stressed out
- Getting Alexa AWS Certified