A bolt from the blue!
What it does
Find all the words in a column or a row to get Bingo! and win the game!
- Type the name of a Wikipedia article which you think will contain some of the words on your Bingo grid.
- If it contains a word that is in the grid, good job! But be careful: Every occurance of the word in the article will be counted.
- If a word is found too many times during the game, the counter will overflow and the word will be replaced! Potentially ruining a nearly finished column or row.
How many wikipedia articles will you need to visit to get Bingo!?
Note: There are no losers... but there are winners. Will you be at the top of the leaderboard?
How we built it
Using a combination of pygame, web scraping and natural language work.
Challenges we ran into
- Pygame was a challenge at first!
- It was difficult to find a good word list for the Bingo grid.
- Wikipedia's markup getting in the way.
- Numpy datatypes.....
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Getting pygame to work.
- Adding lots of extra features (high scores, difficulty options etc).
What we learned
- The power of friendship
- Also dominoes induces frenzy near midnight
What's next for Wikipedia Bingo
We have loads of features we'd love to add:
- Making the GUI look prettier.
- Putting the game online!