We wanted to hang out. But didn't know which locations everyone preferred. The inspiration came from when2meet, which visualizes a time that is free for most people.
What it does
Instead of simply visualizing a time, we are suggesting places that most people in the group enjoy based on time, interests, and price preferences.
How we built it
- sheer determination.
Challenges we ran into
- github version control
- efficient algorithm design in backend to decrease load times
- retrieval and ranking of suggested hang-out locations
- overall architectural structure of server, database, and client-side connection
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- solving the challenges above
What we learned
- modular programming and communication
- be wary of scope of project for a hackathon
What's next for where2meet
- further improve how we rank the suggested locations and maybe implement learned, personalized locations