Aren't you tired of visiting multiple websites to stay in the loop? "Where To?' is the site to browse and visit, saving you from searching in every corner of the Internet.
What it does
Where To? compiles event data from various ruby gems, including Eventbrite and Eventful.
Challenges we ran into
- Our team decided to learn all new technologies, including Ruby on Rails, CSS, and HTML. This was a challenging and worthwhile undertaking.
- Many APIs did not have the fields we desired and the form of the data varied significantly.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
Our team had many "firsts"!
- Maddie's first hackathon.
- Addie's first time developing for the web.
- Dod implemented his first web scraper.
- Maryann's first time using web APIs.
- Everyone's first Ruby on Rail application!
What's next for Where To?
Aren't you tired of having to spend time manually adding different events to your calendar? We'd like to tackle this next! Additionally, we plan to incorporate events from additional APIs, inform users of the sources of the events, and offer a variety of filters. Go Bluesharks!