As the theme for To the Moon and Hack was pretty much anything relating to space, we wanted to develop something fun that we thought aliens would need as much as humans.
Humans meet and love each other, so we thought aliens needed the same. After all, love is love!
What it does
lemoons☽ is a networking and online space dating web application in which you can match, chat, and meet new Aliens.
We wanted to develop lemoons☽ as a web-based application that was mobile-responsive, so aliens can use lemoons☽ on different types of human smart devices.
How we built it
- Realtime Database
- Also used Material UI as UI pack
- Our domain.com domain name created this weekend is whenlifegivesyoulemoons.space
Challenges we Faced
Since it was our first time using React, it was challenging learning and building the app at the same time in the given time allowance. Thus, the app’s functionality is not 100% completed. However, we laid the groundwork and we would like to work on the functionality after this hackathon.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
This is our first app built with React! We are proud that we were able to begin our initial steps in creating lemoons☽ and challenge ourselves to try something different.
What I learned
- Learned how to use firebase
- Learned React and its packages
- Learned Material UI
What's next for lemoons☽
- Improving functionality across the app
- Revising the app to be more mobile-responsive
- Increasing the app accessibility for those with disabilities through improving our design choices
- Implementing a chat feature
- Adding a location feature using Google Cloud
- Connecting our app to our domain name