We wanted to experiment with using the Clarifai API to identify different objects through an android based application.
What it does
Through an android app, you can take a picture which is then analyzed, and returns what objects are contained within the picture.
How we built it
We used android studios to create the app and used the Clarifai API to analyze the image
Challenges we ran into
Using android studios and converting the JSON data that is returned by the API and searching for specific keywords to display.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Creating an android app, when none of us had any experience with android studios
- Successfully integrating the Clarifai API
What we learned
- How to use the Clarifai API
- How to use Android Studios
- How to work with JSON data
What's next for What?
- Expanding its functions to identifying pictures, colours, people, paintings, etc. through the clarifai API
- Helping the visually impaired to understand the world around us