To connect web2 & web3 and to help more people to benefit from the trending of web3 and seamlessly step into it.
There is a certain threshold for ordinary Web2 users who want to enter Web3. For example, it's pretty hard for a user who does not know how to use the Metamask wallet at all. In addition, as Web3 users in daily life, they still want to interact with their internet friends on social media. Web3 could be a special tag and attribute in daily internet life. So we want to do it, connecting things for more people. Details: [link]https://webx.cool/official
What it does
WebX enables users to log in to everything with one account and have full control over their own personal data through an easy-to-use portal on social networks. WebX also helps spread inclusive benefits through its innovation in NFTs. Receiving NFTs with a few clicks on social media without extra signup embraces a larger population.
How we built it
Principle: WebX, as a bridge between Web2 and Web3, will never collect users' private information and will not use assets locking in the Web3 layer to ensure everything's open and fair.
(1) Bind Web2 & Web3 identities through the WebX plug-in wallet.
(2) Tokenize the creation through WebX plug-in (NFTs).
(3) Realize profit sharing between creators and collectors through contract interaction between WebX plugin and Web3 layer.
(4) Use NFT distribution via Twitter to directly reserve slots on the Web3 layer to realize users' immediate pickup.
(5) Enable further functions related to NFTs, such as selling, listing, delisting, display, etc, through the WebX plug-in.
Challenges we ran into
To use the chainlink VRF, the validator passes the verification and calls the callback function in our contract to write the random number through the user's sending a get-random-number request. In this process, it is not possible to make it absolutely synchronized when users click to receive the NFT and a completely random NFT is generated. We have to send a request to generate a random number first, then ask users to claim to receive it. It seems easy but practically hard to make users feel smooth when using the product.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
(1) Leading more ordinary users into the decentralized network through WebX, while maintaining their daily social habits.
(2) Placing decentralized products, especially NFTs, through existing social platforms.
(3) Making users become owners by the possession of digital assets through WebX.
(4) Inspiring ordinary users to create for what/who they love through WebX.
(5) Bridging users and their internet friends in a decentralized network.
(6) Providing more opportunities to benefit users/creators/collectors by sharing the profits.
What we learned
Product design and technical implementation are not fully aligned, and various development constraints can make it difficult to implement a seemingly simple feature. However, in this process, neither the core principles of the product should be violated because of the difficulties, nor should the difficulties and challenges be avoided.
All we need to do is just stick to our ideas, and then keep thinking of ways to approach our perfect solution from all perspectives, including but not limited to marketing operations, user interaction experience, product function design, etc.
What's next for WebX
To expand our market, and involve more people in web3, we'd like to make the product available on more social networks, such as Instagram, as well as into a multi-chain environment for connecting different web3 users. Besides, WebX is designing a rewarding system for users to benefit more from their social relations.