We as developers are good at developing websites but very few of us dive into the technicalities of how to rank our website on the first page of Google search. Mostly people who do that have a job of an SEO Analyst or an SEO specialist.
What it does
WebFlux provides a Web SaaS to take your Websites and auto-suggest improvements and help you optimise your sites for the better. It speeds up operations and boosts productivity
Why did we build it?
As Frontend Developers, Performance plays an important part for Ranking and User Experience. The priority is such that it cannot be avoided any longer. WebFlux provides a Web-based Software as a Service (SaaS) for you to scrap you Website and auto-suggest improvements you can make to improve your optimisation Ranking.
With this Application, we aim to have a unified tool to improve your SEO Ranking with real-time optimisations, that you can fix as a Developer. Sounds interesting? Well it is!
Challenges we ran into
- Server-Side Rendering was a pain
- First experience using NextJS
- Debugging CORS Issues with Backend APIs
- Connecting Frontend with Backend
- Understanding how SEO works
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The app has been extensively tested over 150+ static websites and it works!!!
- The reports generated improved SEO scores of our personal websites.
- The project architecture is very good thinking about the timeframe in which we made it.
What we learned
- We learned all ins and outs of SEO.
- We learned a lot about server side rendering and how to work with that.
- We learned about the micro-service architecture.
What's next for WebFlux
- Hosting the app to finalise the AWS SES service.
- Create a virtualised Google search environment to see where the website will rank without leaving our web app.
- Creating an NLP model that provides improvement suggestions as well.