We all have seen different ad boards that have nothing to do with us or the same ads are repeating all the time. On the internet, we have directed ads to the potential customers. From now on, Street ads can have a higher value with the potential customers.
What it does
Display the Ads based on the interest of the users.
How we built it
First, the users have to register their devices through their mobile applications. These information will be stored on the databases on the cloud. Beside the advertisement board, the Raspberry Pi will communicate with database to retrieve information and display the ads based on the location of the users.
Challenges we ran into
Hardware integration. Database connection
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- We have finished the POC within a short period of time.
- The team have formed in this Thursday and we managed to work and deliver a good project.
- We used AndroidThings to be displayed on the screen
What we learned
- Learned how to interact with beacons.
- Learned How to use Firebase
- Clear vision can make a difference
- Work in small period of time with a team.
- Divide the work between the team
- How to program in AndroidThings and Raspberry Pi
What's next for WeAds
We would need to scale up the software so It can accept Authentication using social media, add a function to major the distance or the user and the device, Accept many users to be close to the screen, Let the software choose the ads ... etc