COVID-19 causes more social isolation, which has physical and mental consequences. The loss of a sense of belonging is referred to as social isolation. Unfortunately, the LGBTQ+ community is particularly vulnerable due to stigma, racism, and health care obstacles. We decided to address this issue by leveraging social media to strengthen human connections as we strive for a more inclusive and equitable society and believe that we can create one that is focused on the unique needs of the LGBTQ+ community.

What it does

With our application, users may communicate with one another in real time and get to know one another better. One unique element of our application is that we use a process known as "speed matching," in which each discussion lasts about two minutes, allowing users to network with a large number of individuals in a short amount of time and follow up with those with whom they bonded.

How we built it

We used tools like Figma and biteable to create the wireframes, which were used to plan out and visualise the concept.

Challenges we ran into

Allowing the user to transfer rooms after enabling the 2-minute mechanism. Because there was no exit capability in our web programme, the video stream might be hosted endlessly.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We made a proposal and completed our hack! We were able to get a lot of knowledge from this fantastic chance, both technically and in terms of design.

What we learned

We are using figma for the first time and learnt how to do prototyping. Every frame tells a storey, and while learning new tools like Figma, I've learnt to be patient with myself. As I push myself to attempt new things, my toolkit will expand.

What's next for WE CHAT

The next step for us as WeChat is to build a real app and expand to other populations that also need a platform to develop relationships, as Covid-19 has had a significant toll on our mental health, causing social anxiety while forging new relationships, which we at We Chat hope to alleviate.

Built With

  • figma
Share this project: