When out for a trip, navigate through multiple destinations is a headache and we cannot have an estimated arriving time. We don't want to open Map applications again and again, search for destinations. We want to have an estimated plan for the trip.
What it does
- Choose more than one destinations, with different travel modes (driving, transit, walking and cycling).
- Have an estimated arrival time showing on markers
- Interactive way to drag destinations on the map.
How we built it
- Used Google Map iOS SDK
- Used Google Direction Web API
- Used Swift language
- Tests are partially included.
Challenges we ran into
- User interaction
- Web API integrations
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Interactive way to drag markers
- Customized way to interact with Google map, included adding our own view to show all kinds of information like street name, transition methods
What we learned
Teamwork, Sharing and we learned how to query directions through Google Direction API, how to use with Google Map iOS SDK, all kinds of iOS development and Swift knowledge to build an App. — What we learned
What's next for Way to Go
Actually Way-to-go is one of our previous startup ideas, but we chose another idea so we didn’t get a chance for this. We’ve finished a mockup in this hackathon and we’d like to finish this app in the future.