adding skill , waiting for certification
writing my lambda function
writing my python code
testing my skill using json
Water is called as life. Most of our body is made up of water, so in order to live a healthy life water is the elixir for humans. Most of us are so busy with our daily lives is that we tend to ignore the habit of drinking water on a regular basis. Most of us even don't know how much water is required by our body. So, the main inspiration for me was to make people aware about the importance of drinking water.
What it does
Tell user about how much water to drink according to their weight and gives them some handy tips to drink more water on a daily basis.
How I built it
For building the skill, these were the steps :
- Registered at amazon developer account.
- First wrote intents and their corresponding slots.
- Learned about serverless architecture (AWS lambda) and how to integrate it with alexa.
- wrote my logic to calculate water need according to person's body weight.
Challenges I ran into
Writing error free code in AWS lambda and handling edge cases like if user inputs wrong or impossible parameters. This was the main challenge I faced.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
I am proud that I have created my second alexa skill which will help and promote healthy lifestyle among people.
What I learned
- about serverless services (aws lambda)
- Python and it's power
- REST API
- Exceptional handling in python (assert etc)
- version control system (git)
What's next for water remindo
sending real time notifications to user (either on slack or their phone number) using OAuth2.0 and twilio.