Inspiration

Our inspiration was to use latest QR technologies to increase the quality of lives for Uni students.

What it does

The application has QRCode locations and their nearby rooms stored in a network. When opening up the application, you are prompted to pick the room you're looking for. You can then scan any branded warwickVISION QR Code and the correct direction to head next will be displayed on your phone.

How we built it

The orientation of the QR Codes are stored in the network, a Breadth First Search algorithm finds the optimal route to the destination and generates a list

This form of navigation means that navigation can be sought from any location to any destination and is scalable to any size.

Challenges we ran into

In order to generate a list of instructions that are oriented correctly, we had to make calculations as to which one to display, relative to the direction the person should be travelling. Should they scan a QR code again, these instructions will updated to the orientation they read the QR and continue to direct them to the destination room.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

Our team are pleased that we can deliver a functional Android application in 24 hours. We successfully went from concept to design and implementation and finally branding and demo.

What we learned

We learnt that the idea will change quickly over time when problems are met and there are tight time constraints. The workshops allowed us to consider different technologies to consider using, perhaps giving us more confidence for future hackathons.

What's next for WarwickVISION

We think WarwickVISION is going to attract more tech enthusiasts in the years to come. The application is very scalable and could be aid navigation in schools, shopping malls, offices and any other large buildings. The set-up cost is simply a short time spent building the network and printing off QR Codes.

Future features could include a quick add function that allows you to generate sheets of QR Codes to print.

Built With

Share this project:

Updates