Freedom for the visually & auditory impaired.
The gift of hearing and vision are senses we commonly take for granted. Approximately 50,000 Americans have been classified as deaf-blind. Unfortunately many of the deaf-blind experience the world as an unpredictable, and possibly threatening place.
With WanderWise, we use the sense of touch as a tool to make more of the world accessible to the deaf-blind. By combining a camera with vibration motors, proximity sensors, and GPS, we enable turn-by-turn navigation to those visually and auditory impaired.
The second app in the suite is an iOS app that allows for family members or a caregiver to enter destinations that the user can walk to. This simple, but effective solution makes tasks like going to the convenience store, seeing friends, and other outdoor day-to-day activities possible for those without vision and hearing.
- Collision detection eye-wear
- Direction assisting headpiece
- Haptic feedback turn-by-turn navigation
- iOS app for family and caretakers to plan walking trips for user
- Voice navigation feedback (for those only blind)
- USB battery powered
- Traffic sign detection
- Higher accuracy GPS
- Faster mobile processing power