Wanderland App Icon
Sample of Wanderland Google Chrome extension in action
“You're off to Great Places! Today is your day! Your mountain is waiting, So... get on your way!” ― Dr. Seuss
We love planning travel and seeing new places to go in the world. There is a recurrent problem with internet wanderlust though.You probably know what I'm talking about if you've ever experienced something like this:
- You decide your going travelling... for whatever reason... to say India.
- So what should you do there? Well you know you want to see some tigers! So you google "where to see tigers in India".
- You get back results like this one: holidify.com. It is a list of places that you've have never heard of before and have absolutely no point of reference for.
- So what you do is...
- Copy the name of a place that sounds interesting to you from holidify.com
- Open up another tab and navigate to google maps
- Paste the name of the place and search to see where it is
- Repeat a-c for every place you're interested in
- Jot down in some notes somewhere the places your interested in to keep track of them
- Send the notes to your friends you're travelling with so they can add to it. They have to repeat the process you went through...
- Search across the web for more info on the places you're going to like pictures, facts, festivals ...
Wanderland Solution (for steps 4-6)
- Embedded Maps
- A chrome extention that is instantly accessible across any webpage that allows you to see all the places mentioned on the page in a single embedded mini-map.
- All the places on the page magically highlighted, allowing you to hover over them to see info about the place.
- Add places of interest to your "wanderlist" by just clicking on the name of the place wherever it appears on the site.
- Easily share your wanderlists with others, collaborate, assign the places dates and an ordering, and take notes on the places together all within a single workflow from any webpage.
- Have the software retrieve all the information you care about for each place automatically and make it easily accessible in one spot.