Building a good portfolio isn't an easy task. As young professionals entering the world of finance, we couldn't find a cohesive platform to give us the guidance we needed to invest. This gave us the idea to develop wall.st - a dashboard which collates useful data pertaining to a stock ticker.
What it does
The features we have in mind include:
- The user has to enter the stock ticker of their choice.
- A dashboard is displayed which has
- a plot of the historical data of the stock
- an indicator highlighting the sentiments that people currently have towards the reliability of the stock.
- a real-time news feed with relevant articles and the associated sentiments.
- a projection of the expected stock value using a predictive model.
With the help of these data points, the user can make informed decisions about their investments.
- Scripting language - Python
- Framework - Flask
- Predictive model framework - TensorFlow
- API - Aylien, Twitter, AlphaVantage
This idea can be elevated by including stock filtering options. We can learn from the users current portfolio to provide more customized decisions.