We were thinking of ways to use virtual reality to augment communication and teaching.

What it does

The current prototype allows the user to draw on a virtual whiteboard.

How we built it

We used Unity and C# to develop the engine behind VRTeacher.

Challenges we ran into

Our biggest challenge was figuring out the best way to draw on the whiteboard. Initially we were trying to use Unreal Engine 4, but it wasn't possible to accomplish what we wanted in that engine.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We're proud that we were able to develop a working product! We are entirely a team of hackathon first-timers, and none of us have ever worked with virtual reality before either. We were truly starting completely from scratch.

What we learned

We learned all kinds of lessons about the limitations of Unreal Engine and Unity, and about designing for virtual reality vs. traditional design.

What's next for VRTeacher

Next, we hope to implement the multiplayer connectivity needed to make VRTeacher a true success!

Built With

Share this project: