Danske Bank stated that they wanted to make payments through MobilePay more seamless by allowing you to pay by using your face, voice or other things. Since smart assistants like Alexa, Siri or Google Assistants are some of the most common ways to use voice to interface with technology, we imagined that MobilePay could be integrated into these services.
What it does
Voice Pay is an Alexa Skill that allows you to use voice commands to interact with the MobilePay API. At the moment this includes the following features:
- Transfer money from your account through the MobilePay API (well, it's a dummy account, but you get the idea)
- Place orders for a few everyday items by accessing an AWS Database
- Lock and unlock your account
We also provide a VoicePay API to let businesses add their own products and stores to the database.
How we built it
We created the desired our skills in the Alexa Developer Console and linked them up to AWS Lambdas in node.js making requests to the Mobile Pay API. We created a database through DynamoDB for accessing data about products you can order.
We then created our AWS Voice Pay API for accessing the database and a queue for placing order.
Challenges we ran into
- Alexa has a hard time understanding some commands
- The AWS workflow and debugging
- We had no experience in any of the used technologies.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
Making it work.
What we learned
AWS workflow is not ideal for very small groups.
What's next for Voice Pay
*Additional smart assistant support. *Proper mobilepay API integration *Better security