Make navigating around User Interfaces more accessible, simpler and fun by using voice enabled navigation.
What it does
A chrome extension enabling users to use voice for navigating around in the browser. Supports moving around the page, clicking on links, navigating to main sections of a site.
How I built it
Built with <3 and...
- Grammar and Regular Expression matching to determine commands.
- Extended Vimium to enable voice based navigation.
Challenges I ran into
- SpeechRecognition interface doesn't have too many features, configurations, and support for natural language processing.
- Reading and understanding Vimium source code.
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
- Self-rolled speech parsing.
- Understand the anatomy of a Chrome Extension.
- Comprehend thousands of lines of Vimium source code to use it and extend it.
What I learned
What's next for Voice Enabled Browser Navigator
Have fun with it!