PowerPoint presentation used in classroom lack context which hinders learning and retention.
What it does
We created an alternative to PowerPoint presentations, where we retain the slides, but we add a sunburst charts to provide a hierarchy and visual aid.
How we built it
We used an open source implementation of a Sunburst chart. Using that as a base, we added slides to the JSON structure and created a UI to show the beautiful slides
Challenges we ran into
We ran to a lot of challenges. Most of the teammates are not web guys and we had a difficulty getting started with trivial stuff.
Accomplishments that we are proud of
- Being able to get the UI up and running
- Even proud moment was when the VisualSlideShow demo looked exactly what we wanted it to look like.
- Sleeping at 6 am and getting up back at 7 am.
What we learned
- Using Atom(coming from vim and Eclipse)
- D3 library
- Plugging all of the different technologies together
What's next for VisualSlideShow
This being the first time we start working on this, there's a log we have on our mind.
- We are looking forward to creating a website for posting VisualSlideShow presentations to the public.