Virtual queues have the potential to change the world, especially during times like these. However, all the virtual queues in existence require monthly fees, making them unaffordable or are impractical, and unintuitive. We want to make virtual queues widespread, intuitive and practical through Viqueue. Viqueue does so by being free and opensource!
What it does
Viqueue is a virtual queue platform. Store owners can create queues for free and have people easily accessible. Unlike other virtual queues, Viqueue is free and a pleasant experience for users to use. A user can join a queue by texting a queue id to a phone number which sends them a link to a web page displaying them all the essential information they need and allowing them to cancel their queue position. When it is a user's time to enter the store, they receive an SMS notifying them! The store owner can see all the critical information they need via the queue dashboard, such as how many people are waiting in the queue and how many people are in the store at the moment. When a customer enters or leaves, all the store owner has to do is tap one button and nothing else, to register that a customer has entered or left. Viqueue makes virtual queues accessible to all businesses and makes the user experience a pleasant one, unlike previous virtual queues.
How we built it
- We built a Python Flask API to handle all the data (Notably we do not keep user data, we register their phone number when they sign up for a queue and delete it once they leave the queue)
- The queue page for users was built in Next.js
- Marius: Learned how to create Python Flask API's and a lot about how API's work
- Aaryan: Next.js + React
- Joseph: Next.js
- Sam: Idk, it's 4 am for him, I can't ask him now?
- Charalampos, Got covid on Saturday, so couldn't participate... ## What's next for Viqueue We do not know, we like the project a lot, however, we have yet to determine what is next. If we decide to continue work on it, here are some priorities: improving the api as well as the api docs, improving the dashboard.