FINTECH FOR GOOD
Table of Contents
- Project Summary
- Creativity & Inspiration
- How we built it & Ethical Considerations
- About Product
- What is it - What it does & Practical Viability
- Solution - Technical Complexity
- Prototype & Technology - Rapidly developed, working, and ready for use.
- Technology - Innovation
- Design & Implementation
- Social Impact
- Learner Experience
- Teacher Experience
- About Us
- Team & Contacts
- Project Roadmap
- Acknowledgements & Accomplishments
- What's next
Creativity & Inspiration
How creative is the project? Does it inspire people and allow them to build and create in their own communities? Education is and has been the biggest ecosystem to foster communities. Learning and the format of learning has been fairly consistent over centuries. Going back in history, 1000 years, 100 years, and even 10 years, there has always been a physical blackboard and a traditional coaching format UNTIL digital systems became an alternative and UNTIL very recent pandemic catalyzed and forced us to shift us to the virtual mediums of learning. VideoWiki is a project that enables people to collaborate and share knowledge in an immersive and engaging manner.
How we Built it & Ethical Considerations
What could go wrong? How could the project be misused? Has the team considered this?
- A lot of information, which is knowledge is lost while teaching along with the training being redundant and repetitive.
- A lot of content is never credited back to the original author or inversely to further contributors.
VideoWiki is an open content editing platform that powers the creation and monetization of content while encouraging collaborative authoring while prioritizing and protecting IP distribution. It benefits the creators and educators while they are transitioning to online mediums of teaching, by providing a more immersive learning experience for their learners.
What it does & Practical Viability
Is the idea feasible, does it have economic and societal value, and is it sustainable?
Ensuring learning continuity with VideoWiki
Videowiki.pt is an AI-powered, decentralized, and collaborative content creation platform. The platform enables users to leverage the AI model to create engaging video content from text-based content. Furthermore, the platform also implements a version control system under which multiple people can contribute to the content by following a cycle of forking, modifying, and creating merge requests.
Is the project technically impressive? Complex? How technically sophisticated / advanced / elegant was the solution? The frontend of the project is build using the Vue.js framework. The backend uses Django which runs the AI model which helps in breaking down text content into multiple segments and suggest appropriate scenes for each. It also facilitates the creators to upload their own video clips. Presently the content can be published as paid using the OCEAN Protocol which is done using the Ocean.js library.
- We built an editor to assist in creating immersive content generation using AI without advanced tool or tech knowledge
- Collaborative Authoring of content with Distributed Ownership and Share of Credit (and Financial Remuneration if chosen)
Using AI-based text classification methods, we can identify the context of the content and make queries to public video media libraries using APIs. These can be given back to the teachers as an assisted course creation tool to develop interactive digital media.
- The AI uses 'sentence detection' algorithms to break the content into scenes or Short or Long intervals (As selected by the creator), the grammar and punctuation are checked by another AI process similar to the common spell-checker.
- Then another AI algorithm detects the important keywords from each scene. This tagging helps in identifying the context of the sentence/scene might be.
- Then we use the open media libraries to check stock videos around those tags and fetch the relevant clips to present back to the teacher to pick. (Until here, the only part the teacher/creator has done is paste the required content, the rest all is done automatically.)
- Now the teacher can review the suggested scene sequence, the overlaying text and if everything is correct with prediction, then go ahead and stick the videos together preview and publish.
- If the teacher wants to add narration, or change text, or change video scenes, he would be able to do that and customize the course.
Further implementation of the TCH token and other associated protocol will be implemented on the Ethereum blockchain and the smart contract being written in Solidity. ChainLink is to be used for Oracle to get the real-time price of the cryptocurrency and other off-chain data.
How innovative / creative / unique is the idea? Was there a novel approach applied to solve the problem?
The users can leverage the power of AI to create attention-grabbing yet straightforward presentations. We are happy with recorded meeting sessions can be edited using our platform to create content and use it for future references. Our platform solves the problem of delivering presentations via a slide-based presentation which is less appealing to the viewers. With easy-to-share video content which can be made from PowerPoint in few clicks, our platform sets new standards for presenting ideas. Thanks to this hackathon our solutions have the ability to reach a wider audience and have a bigger impact.
Design & Implementation
Does it work? Is it implementable? Did the team think about the user interface (UI) and user experience (UX)? Was the product designed with humans in mind?
Videowiki not only makes content creation easier but also builds an ecosystem based on content creation. Every content creator and active contributor on the platform is rewarded for their contribution through our native cryptocurrency.
We introduce TCH Token as the native utility token supported by our platform. It works in the following manner:
Minting of the tokens A certain amount of tokens would be minted every time new content is created or modification is made into existing content. The number of tokens to be minted can be determined by
- A fixed number can be fixed
- A concept similar to “bitcoin halving” can be implemented where the protocol starts with a certain number and halves it after a certain period
- A volumetric measure of the content can be done where the number of tokens minted will be proportional to the number of scenes added/created
Staking of the tokens The staking of the tokens follows a very simple model where the consumer is required to stake TCH tokens in any of the decentralized exchanges. Staking must be done in the pools which are recognized by the site. This staking would unlock tiers of accessibility.
This benefits the platform and the customer both. The customer side benefits being:
- Customers earn LP tokens for providing liquidity.
- Since the staked tokens belong to the consumer, it gives the consumer the freedom to withdraw the stake as and when needed.
- The consumer benefits from the growing price of TECH.
The benefits to the platform are:
- High liquidity of the token ensuring wider adaptation.
- As the number of consumers grows, so does the price of TECH Token.
- Since no token is centrally held, it helps the project ethos of decentralization.
Using Fiat Currencies Since cryptocurrencies are still in its early phase of adoption, it is important to have Fiat currencies as a payment option. People who don't want to use cryptocurrency can use a pay-as-you-go subscription model using traditional currency. A certain amount of currency can be added into the wallet which eventually gets exhausted based on the usage. Also, creators can convert their earning in TCH token to fiat for withdrawal.
How impactful is the idea? Can it impact the lives of many people in a significant way? Innovation in the field of education seems to be lagging behind In a fast-changing digital environment with many disruptions and distractions. Technology has enabled us to break from a centuries-old model of blackboard training and the pandemic has moved us online. People have moved almost instantly online for imparting education, however, the transformation and creation of content for digital channels is the biggest challenge of the industry now. Because online digital mediums are heavily centralized, education has various different meanings in different government rules and the world of knowledge is bifurcated with censorship, control, and fabricated (fake) information. This is the problem of a lack of trusted authorship.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
The users can leverage the power of AI to create simple yet attention-grabbing presentations. We are happy with recorded meeting sessions can be edited using our platform to create content and use it for future references. Our platform solves the problem of delivering presentations via a slide-based presentation which is less appealing to the viewers. With easy-to-share video content which can be made from PowerPoint in few clicks, our platform sets new standards for presenting ideas. Thanks to this hackathon our solutions have the ability to reach a wider audience and have a bigger impact
Some of our achievements include but not limited to:
- OCEAN Protocol Data Economy Challenge - Secong Place and Community Choice Award of Data Economy Hackathon organised by OCEAN Protocol
- EUvsVirus Hackathon Challenge Winner - Project conceptualization, partnership pledges
- Hack Back Overall Winner 2020 - UX definitions and first prize
- Winners DigiEduHack by EIT Digital Timisora edition
Project roadmap ○ Video Editor § Single teacher use cases § Class records and single user edits § Publishing and Curriculums ○ Collaboration and re-edits Jan 2021 ○ Classroom records and edits Feb 2021 ○ Blockchain Testnet - June 2021 § Wallet Issuance and Teaching Credits § Version control released for testnet
Team & Contacts
- Shivam Dhawan Role: Co-Founder/CEO
- Abel Agoi Role: CTO
- Marta Matias Role: AI | Backend Developer
- Bhaskar Dutta Role: Blockchain Developer
- Jyoti Sing Role: User Experience Designer
What's next for VideoWiki Fintech
In our upcoming roadmap we target:
- Collaborative video-based content creation.
- Complete decentralized storage and management of the video content
- A subscription-based cashflow using Stripe and Blockchain-based cryptocurrencies