We thought of making an application which can summarize videos. This way we can automate note-taking.
What it does
First the user enters the video file and then the website returns transcript and the summary of the video.
How we built it
For the backend, we used
Challenges we ran into
- Package Management (External Packages would not install properly)
- Issues with the Flask API. (It would often return errors with no explanation.)
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- The backend process of converting the video file into a transcript and summary.
- Getting the Flask API to work.
- Package management.
- Fixing Errors.
What we learned
- General Front and Backend programming.
- Implementing web development with python.
What's next for Video Summarizer
- We could develop the application further to accept URLs and audio files.
- Figuring out what the timestamp offset format is and displaying it as minutes:seconds