Inspiration

Transcending for the modern world barriers like internet and GPS, what will happen if you don't have those and still experience airports as is. We wanted that any passenger using our system shouldn't face problems like language barriers and communication to fellow passengers.

What it does

The experience builds up as you enter the airport and get your boarding pass instantly.

THE AIRPORT LENS: Then come the navigation where a lot of brainstorming was needed. To solve the problems we went back to the basics- recording short videos at different points of a location and using Dijakstra's algo to find the shortest path between end points, so navigation was never so easy with our rendered collection of videos.

For people not knowing languages written on airports, the lens shows the the translated text.

Also for utilities life water fountains video will popup helping them to use the same.

Connecting on the go: Lets you connect with others in flight using local raspberry pi servers. A lot of us need help when going to new places and who can guide better than fellow passengers, connecting with others on the basis of interests, questions needs anonymous initiations that is provided. A tagged chat-room system helps a lot.

An appropriate business model is also in place for sustaining the system and connecting with vendors.

How we built it

Mayak and Luv worked on AR and unity while Rishab and Kush worked on designing the navigation and structure of the app.

Challenges we ran into

Pivots, pivots,and more pivots. This hackathon really tested us alot and brought about the best we could deliver.

Accomplishments that we're proud of

We took many pivots along our journey and the major one came once we were told not to use beacons as a navigation service. The video rendered path struck us at 4am at night and then we went on to make it.

This hack was our first AR project ever and we are proud of it.

What's next for ViaAir

We wish to scale and deliver the service to the whole aviation industry.

Share this project:
×

Updates