We were inspired by the opportunity to provide help for a noble cause. What can be more fruitful than enabling the children with special needs to earn their livelihood with dignity and self-respect.
What it does
The project built by us streamlines the operations and processes (inventory and task management; reporting; analysis) of the NGO's day to day activities. It will help in tracking and enhancing the efficiency of children with special needs. This includes providing them training, measuring their productivity in tasks assigned to them, and improving their overall well-being.
How we built it
We first had intense discussions with the key stakeholders (people from the NGO) to understand their requirements. We then proceeded towards designing and implementing an end to end solution from procurement of material to production and tracking the overall process.
Challenges we ran into
- Designing a generic and normalized database schema which mirrors the processes in different domains of their operations very closely.
- Further, we had very little time to implement a huge set of meaningful requirements.
Accomplishments that we're proud of
- Team work and synergy between the team
- We were able to design a solution which we think will be quite helpful to the NGO
- It gave us immense personal satisfaction to be a part such a noble cause.
What we learned
- Effective team work can get a lot done is a short span of time if they are motivated towards a cause.
- We learnt about breaking down the project into small manageable chunks and completing all those chunks within the time-span allotted to us.
What's next for V-excel inventory & task management
- We've committed to provide offline support to the NGO and to bring our endeavor to a meaningful end.
- Handing over the project as well the knowledge of maintaining the project to our NGO friends.