Its very important to take your kid for vaccine on time, as little delay may have serious implications. However parent might miss the schedule due work pressure or due to some other priority.
What it does
- I have a baby and want to be reminded to make an appointment with my health care provider: Get reminders before your child’s 2, 4, 6, 12, 18 month immunizations are due based on your baby’s date of birth.
- As a parent it is very important to remember to take kid for vaccination, but sometime due to work load or other priorities we forget. Here Alexa can make parents Life easy with this simple Life hack. This skill would also useful for other family members to remind them for medical checkup etc.
- Parents will get reminder, can update schedule, can see statistic of vaccine of kids on Echo Show and Echo spot as well. Echo show and spot would have graphical view to show missed vaccines etc.
- When will I get reminders? A text message will be sent one month and one week before the next vaccination milestone to remind you’re to call your health care provider to schedule your next vaccination appointment.
- Find easy-to-read vaccine schedules for all ages.
- You will get reminders over SMS/Call/Mail which would save your time and extra headache. Also taking kid to vaccination on time would definitely help you and your Family
- You don’t need to write down about vaccines on card or smartphone. Alexa will take care and mark as done. If not done she will remind you again
How I built it
I have built it using Alexa skill kit, lambda, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SES and Cloudwatch.
Challenges I ran into
Way of storing predefined schedule of kid's vaccine
Accomplishments that I'm proud of
At the end I integrated everything which I dreamed of
What I learned
Alexa skill kit, lambda, S3, DynamoDB, SNS, SES and Cloudwatch
What's next for Vaccine Buddy
Integrating this skill with existing vaccine provider or doctors